Journey

Thursday, August 18, 2005

More than the moon


Camp Nawakwa is a beautiful place. I can go there and be home, be with the earth and the water. But it's not the land that keeps bringing be back. It's not the trees that hold my heart. It's the memories, the love, that I have come to connect with this place. It's Trapper and this wonderful group of women that he has brought together that make this place beautiful for me now.

I spent many nights with the moon last year. He comforted me, but it was a cold comfort. I think that's why I like this picture so much. There he is, hiding seductively behind a cloud, but it's the women in my life that bring warmth to the picture.

My life is beautiful. I know I take for granted how lucky I've been, how blessed, how loved. But I am needy. I need my family, I need my friends, I need those silly giggly moments that we share. I need more than the moon, something a little more down to earth. I have them, and I wouldn't trade them for all the night sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home